You’ll find below of the characteristics and technical notes on our Absolu Rouge 2018.
Characteristics of our Absolu Rouge 2018
Grape varieties : Grenache noir, Syrah
Region : Provence
Cultivation method & winemaking
- Haute Valeur Environnementale, Level 3 (« High Environmental Value »). This level is certified and verified by the French government, proof of our dedication to our environment. Macération, fermentation en cuves inox thermo régulées.
- Soil type: clay-limestone soil
- Yield: 40 hl / hec.
- Fermentation in thermo-regulated
stainless steel tanks. Some of the grapes to make this wine have been harvested by hand.
- Aged in French oak cask for 14 months
- Bottled: On the estate
Tasting notes of our Absolu Rouge 2018
Dress : Ruby and deep
Nose: Candied cherry, undergrowth.
Mouth : Powerful and rich. Slightly vanilla, oaky. On black fruits, cinnamon and candied cherries.
Temperature : 18°
Food/wine pairing : With a rib of beef, a chateaubriand pepper sauce or a Rossini. Also goes well with strong, peppered cured meats. Finally, at the end of the evening with friends over a discussion.
Storage: This wine can be kept for up to 10 years. It will change aromas, with certainly more and more pronounced notes on red fruits.
- 90/100 Gold Medal at Gilbert & Gaillard for the 2017